Mould Inspections and clearances
Mould spores are a very common organism found both inside and outside of homes but it is when these spores build up in an unwanted or poorly ventilated location that they can cause a serious health risk to any nearby occupants. Some mould species pose a significant health risk to humans and are unable to be differentiated from the common species without thorough testing and sampling procedures.
Generally speaking, mould growth will occur following a water ingress event such as a storm, burst or leaking pipe and prolonged dampness especially in areas with little or no ventilation.
The medical community accepts that inhalation of mould spores and mould material (fragments of mould bodies) can trigger allergic reactions in sensitive occupants, young and old, but the overall health issues associated with indoor mould and bacteria in buildings are of a real concern and can develop into many more serious health problems.
There are many diseases and health issues linked with mould spores including:
If signs of mould growth occur, such as smell and visible staining, EnviroX recommends a mould inspection to determine the health risks associated with the microbiological infection. A Microbiological Inspection assesses multiple factors by collecting moisture readings, surface samples and air samples. This will determine how many and of what species of mould spores are growing in the area. From this criteria EnviroX will come up with conclusions and recommendations for potential remediation works that are appropriate on a site by site basis.
Microbiological Clearance Report
Following mould remediation and removal EnviroX highly recommends a Microbiological Clearance Inspection (VERY IMPORTANT). This clearance inspection is necessary to determine if the mould removalists / restorers have completed their job to a satisfactory standard and that all the mould has been removed. This can be very difficult to assess without samples as mould spores and contamination that may cause a health risk can be invisible to the naked eye. Very often a consultant will attend a site that appears to be clean and with no odour but then high results are returned from the sampling which indicate that a health risk may develop if left unmanaged in its current condition.